Shelf Life|Fall Reading Recommendations
Fall is officially here and flying by very fast. There's nothing like cuddling up on a chilly fall day reading a good book and drinking hot cocoa. I recently went on a book shopping binge and brought a dozen of great new fall releases. I love reading books and find it very therapeutic. Turning off the TV and reading a good book can take you to a whole new destination.
So today I'm sharing my fall reading list with you all. This list includes some new releases and a few old favorites.
Eat.Drink.Shop.Love's Fall Reading Recommendations
- When God Winks at You by Squire Rushnell- I found this book in the clearance bin at Barnes and Nobles a few weeks ago. It surely is a hidden gem. I've been reading a chapter a week and journaling my thoughts. No matter what your religious affiliation may be, the stories in this book will pull on your heart strings and get you thinking about how God winks at you daily.
- The Forest Feast by Erin Gleeson- I discovered this book on a recent trip to Anthropologie. The colorful cover of the Forest Feast immediately stood out to me. Each page of this cookbook is filled with beautifully illustrated vegetarian recipes.
- The Forest Feast Gatherings by Erin Gleeson- After looking up the Forest Feast online, I discovered that Erin Gleeson had released two additional books. The Forest Feats for Kids and The Forest Feast Gatherings. The Forest Feast Gatherings cookbook is designed for entertaining friends in the comfort of your home. I'm not a vegetarian but I do love vegetables.
- I Modify IKEA: Furnishings from Everyone's Favorite Store, Customized for Your Home by Charlotte Rivers- Everyone loves Ikea because of its convenience and affordability. This book shows you how to transform your Ikea furniture into something new that matches your personality.
- In the Company of Women by Grace Bonney- Famous Design Blogger Grace Bonney of Design Sponge recently hosted a book tour around the country to celebrate the launch of her new book, In the Company of Women. I was fortunate enough to hear her talk about the new book during her Atlanta tour stop. This book is one of my favorites and will be a treasure in my reading collection forever. Grace interviews women entrepreneurs and tastemakers from around the country in this book.
- Love Your Life Not Theirs by Rachel Cruze- I'm currently doing Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University through my Church and I am on baby step 2 of his process. After joining the program at my church, I started listening to Dave's podcast and that's where I learned about his daughter Rachel Cruze. Rachel released her first solo book where she talks about managing your money in today's comparison world. I had the opportunity to meet Rachel Cruze while she was in Atlanta during her book signing.
- The Seasoned Life by Ayesha Curry- I'm a huge fan of Ayesha Curry, the wife of basketball player Stephen Curry. I have been watching her YouTube lifestyle videos for a while now. So I was excited when my friend gave her new cookbook to me for my birthday. This book is filled with delicious and easy to make recipes that everyone in your family will love.
- Grace not Perfection by Emily Ley- In today's world its hard to try to live a perfect lifestyle without going crazy. Emily Ley's new book helps women learn to remain balanced over being perfect and maintaining a strong faith.
- Daring Greatly by Brene Brown- A friend recently recommended this book by Brene Brown. It talks about the power of vulnerability which is something we all have dealt with at some point in life. This book shows you how to transform your vulnerability into something positive.
- Brodo: A Bone Broth Cookbook by Marco Canora-Soup season is officially here! This bone broth cookbook is filled with holistic recipes that are good for an immune system reset. Bone Broth has become a popular trend for foodies. I never knew about this concept until this book was given to me. I recently started making bone broth after getting this book and you can definitely tell a difference.
- Uninvited by Lysa TerKeurst- If you loved Lysa's daily devotional Proverbs 31, you will love her latest book Uninvited. She talks about rejection and how to overcome challenges and remember you are loved.
- The Magnolia Story- I'm a huge fan of the HGTV show, Fixer Upper. Chip and Joanna Gaines are huge relationship role models of mine. I love hearing about their story. I'm currently listening to their new book on Audible. This book talks about how they built their business and family.
- Power Your Happy by Lisa Sugar- Lisa Sugar the founder of the popular website, PopSugar release her new book earlier this fall called Power Your Happy. This book encourages women to work hard while building your dream.
- Skinny Taste Fast and Slow by Gina Homolka- I'm a huge fan of the blog, Skinnytaste. Gina's recipes are healthy and weight watchers friendly.Her new cookbook offers an array of recipe that can be made in the slow cooker.
I hope you found a few books on this list that you want to add to your collection. I would love to hear what you are reading this fall. Please leave a comment below.
*Disclaimer- A few of these books were given to me by Publishers but these opinins are my own.