Snapshots from Nashville
Last week I had a great time working in Nashville. It was my first time visiting the southern city! I attended a food editors conference last week and worked a promotional event. While in the city I had the opportunity to nosh on some great southern food and tour the city.
Nashville is an up and coming foodie city, just like Atlanta. They pride themselves on producing great southern food. Prior to my visit, I did some research on where to eat, drink, shop, in the city.
Check out where I went below:
1. Dinner at Merchants (A historic Nashville restaurant that focuses on American cuisine. I loved that they serve popcorn at each table in cute little canisters)
2. A tour of the famous Gaylord Opryland
3. A honey mojito from our conference cocktail hour.
4. Chocolate from Nashville chocolatier Olive & Sinclair.
5. Dinner at City House ( A restaurant that focuses on blending Italian and Southern cuisine)
6. Pan seared trout stuffed with peanuts, corn, fresh herbs, and raisins from City House. (It may look like an interesting combination but it was delicious)
7. The drive to Nashville was gorgeous. We really got a chance to enjoy scenic views of fall foliage.
8. Sweet Potato Pancakes from the Pancake Pantry. ( These were the best pancakes ever. I love sweet potatoes and these were the perfect ending to a good work trip)