New Year, New Goals: 2014
After taking two weeks off from blogging to prepare for the New Year. I'm back! I must say I feel refreshed and ready to conquer 2014. Last year was the first time, I set blogging and personal goals for myself and accomplished most of them. This year I've set five personal and blogging goals.
1. Grow my blogger network- In 2014, I would love to connect with more bloggers that are newbies and veterans to the business. Coming up on the heels of my four year blogging anniversary, I would love to partner with several bloggers to create some awesome content for my readers. I think its always great when you can connect with bloggers to chat about strengths and weaknesses you are finding with in the industry.
2. Save, Save, Save- As a new home owner, I've really learned the importance of having a strong savings and emergency fund in the last year. In 2014, I want to create a better budget and stick to it. My spending lately has been out of control lately.
3. Get Fit, Eat Healthy- My doctor recently put me on the Virgin Diet for 3 weeks because of some health issues I've been dealing with. So that means I'll be giving up Gluten, Soy, Dairy, Eggs, Sugar, Corn for three weeks. Which could be a good thing because these last few months I've been slacking on eating healthy and working out. Instead of working out four times a week like I used to, I'll be lucky if I make it to the gym once a week. So this year I want to make my health a priority.
4. Unplug and Refresh- For the month of January a group of friends of mine and I made a pact to give up Facebook for a month. So far its been good for me. I've found myself these past few days reading and writing more. I do work in the social media industry, so I still have to use Facebook for work during the day but its been refreshing to skip the holiday engagements, daily baby posts, and horrible food photography. In a recent article on Glamour.com, editor Cindi Levi, challenged her readers unplug more. So in 2014, I want to make an attempt to unplug at least three times this year from all social media channels.So who is up for the challenge?
5. Be a Better Blogger- In 2014, I want to be a better blogger. All though 2013 was a great year for my blog, I must say there were nights when I just wanted to click the delete and walk away from my blog. I learned in the later part of the year that I need to be more organized. The best bloggers are the most organized bloggers. So in 2014 I want to blog more often and create more personalized content that my readers will enjoy.
What are your goals for 2014? I love to hear about it in a comment below.